1. What is Plastic Polyetylen (PE)
- Polyetylen ( Polyethylen or polyethene; acronym: PE) is a thermoplastic which is one of the most comon plastic in the world (yearly consumption over 60 million tonnes). PE is usually a mixture of similar polymers of ethylene (CH2-CH2) with various values of hydro noPolyethylen.
- Many kinds of polyethylene are known, with most having the chemical formula (C2H4)n.
2. Physical properties
- PE is a translucent, very tough, weatherproof, good chemical resistance, low water absorption.
- Depending on the type of PE, they wil have glassy temperature Tg ≈ -100 °C and melting temperature Tm ≈ 120 °C.
3. Mechanical properties
- PE has the same chemical properties as saturated hydrocarbons such as not affected by acid, alkali, permanganate and brom.
- At temperature higher than 70oC, PE dissolve poorly in these solven suck as toluene, xylen, amyl acetate, tricloetylen, pine oil and mineral oil… Even at high temperature, PE absorbs almost no water or in types of fatty wine, acetone, ete ethyl, glycerin and many types of herb oil.
- PE is widely used in several packaging applications including crates, trays, bottles for milk and fruit juices, nets for agricultural use and manufacturing equipment industry.
- Based on molecular weight, density and curing level, PE is divided into 8 different types:
- VLDPE is a substantially linear polymer with high levels of short-chain branches
- Density: 0.880 - 0.915 g/cm3
- VLDPE is most commonly produced using metallocene catalysts due to the greater co-monomer incorporation exhibited by these catalysts
- Density range of 0.910 - 0.940 g/cm3
- Glass Transition Temperature: -125oC (-193oF)
- Density: 0.915 - 0.925 g/cm3
- Density: 0.926 - 0.940 g/cm3
- HDPE has a low degree of branching and thus stronger intermolecular forces and tensile strength. HDPE can be produced by chromium/silica catalysts, Ziegler-Natta catalysts or metallocene catalysts.
- Density: 0.941 – 0.965g/cm3
- UHMWPE is polyethylene with a molecular weight numbering in the millions, usually between 3.1 and 5.67 million amu (Atomic mass unit). UHMWPE is a very tough material, it is common used for steel cable.
- Density: 0.935 – 0.930 g/cm3
- Melting Temperature: 1300C
PEX or XLPE:
- PEX or XLPE is a form of polyethylene with cross-links. It is used predominantly in building services pipework systems, hydronic radiant heating and cooling systems, domestic water piping.
- Finally is HDXLPE (High Density Cross-Linked Polyethylene)
At Hoa Phong Pack, we produce types of LLDPE, OPP including: PE Stretch Films, Stretch Film Pallet Wrap, PE Stretch Film Jumbo, PP Straps, Liner spa with the greatest quality. Therefore, you are assured that any decision will be a great choice.