Strapping is one of the most popular used means of utilisation and bundling in the packaging industry. Strapping is used in different types of industries from shipping large industrial equipment and lumber to reinforcing cases in e-commerce fulfillment centers.
There are multiple types of strapping products available, as well as many application types and there are some straps used very viral in today life:
- Steel strapping is the oldest and commonly used banding materials to this day. Steel strapping is designed for extreme tasks that require a heavy or very heavy-duty strap. Steel strap is usually used in packing with large-tonnage ships.
Features & Benefits of Steel Strapping:
High Break Strength
Low Elongation Capabilities
- However, Steel is an alloy of iron. This makes it susceptible to corrosion.This problem can be solved to some extent using anti-corrosion applications. It has high maintenance costs as it has to be painted to make it corrosion-resistant.
Polypropylene Strapping (PP)
- Polypropylene strapping is an economical strapping material compared to other materials. It is widely used for strapping various product and boxes. PP strap has high mechanical durability, it can hold the heavy packing with the long run and can't be easily distorted in extreme enviroment.
Features and Benefits of Polypropylene Strapping:
Easy in handling and use
Increased cost saving
Can be reused PP strap without losing the quality
- Base on these advantages: quality, cost, benefits and effective, PP strap take an important role in daily manufacture like: ceramic, steel, wood industries...
Polyester Strapping (PET)
- Polyester strapping is the most commonly used polymer strapping material. Its strength and durability have made it the most commonly used material to replace steel strapping.
Features and Benefits of Polyester Strapping:
Strongest of Plastic Strapping
High levels of tension
Saving cost and friendly to the enviroment
- The high level of elongation and recovery make polyester strapping ideal for packaging loads that are susceptible to shifting.
=> Every types of trapping have different advantages. However, we could see that PP and PET straps have more out-standing advantages. Nowadays, PP and PET are a little by little replacing for steel straps. Although PP and PET have the same level of elongation with steel strap, they are still outstanding with the corrugation and safety when you take off the straps. Especially, these straps can be reused and the cost is also cheaper than steel straps.
We hope this article from Hoa Phong could help you find the suitable strapping for your needs.